Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
The fun keeps rolling when the snow flies! “What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first-rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This all-inclusive tour is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
I went to Anchorage off season and Elly was accommodating and out together a great MTB ride for me. She is knowledgeable about the history and wildlife in the area.... read more It was the highlight of my trip. I cannot recommend Alaska Trail Guides enough.
So cool! We visited in August 2020 and this was our first activity since arriving in Anchorage. Elly was knowledgeable and made it super fun. We may or may not... read more have gotten stuck on some rocks but it was the hardest laugh I’ve had in awhile! We also got to see 2 moose and a coyote so we definitely felt like we had the full experience of wildlife and mountains!
Frankie and Elly took me on a Kincaid Park adventure, where we did a little single track, got a little muddy and even saw a moose. Everything I wanted in... read more my first biking experience in Alaska. They are fun to be around and knowledgeable of bikes and the area. They will ride at your pace and just want you to have the best bike riding experience. My next trip to Alaska, I plan to book the glacier bike riding tour. I can’t wait.
This was an excellent tour. the guides know the area and are happy to share their knowledge. It is an easy ride and very safe for even a novice rider.
This was a must do adventure for anyone visiting Anchorage....went for a Fall tour with girlfriends and we had a wonderful time. Our tour guide,Elly, was very knowledgeable about Anchorage... read more and the terrain. We did a nine mile tour, we are in our late 60s with limited experience biking. We had no problems at all -it was so much fun.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour with our college aged kids. The guides were knowledgeable and accommodating. They even modified the tour to meet our limited time. Highly recommend!
Coastal cruise bike tour was a fun morning with Elly for our family of 4. She had lots of local wildlife knowledge (even though we didn’t see much on our... read more particular tour). She had us pause under the big plane landing, which was really cool!
Challenging but rewarding, this bike ride takes you through some beautiful trails in Chugach State Park. Our guide was very knowledgeable, personable, and accommodating during the tougher parts of the... read more trail. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a brief tour of the park!
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2020/2021: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour, lesson, or rental. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to the tour departure to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free. Per Mayor’s Executive Orders EO-13 mandate face covering or masks are required while outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.