Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
The fun keeps rolling when the snow flies! “What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first-rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
Turn it into a full day of fun:
Bikes and Beer are simply two of the most incredible things humankind has ever invented. The only thing that makes beer taste even better is enjoying a locally crafted brew after an epic ride! Alaska Trail Guides has teamed up with Big Swig Tours to bring you the one-and-only Winter Bike and Brew Alaska style. After a morning of great riding, you will have time for lunch downtown before meeting your Hopperator for an afternoon of craft beer tasting at three of Anchorages’ best local breweries.
In the afternoon, join your Hoperator as they escort you off the beaten path to some of the finest breweries in Anchorage. This experience is as much about the history of Alaskan beers, the masters who brew them, and the locals who drink them as it is about tasting the beers themselves.
Enjoy a minimum of 14 beer tastings from 3 different brewery stops, a selection of appetizers at Midnight Sun Brewing Co., roundtrip transportation, and 4 hours of stories you’ll be sure to recount to your friends back home.
I went to Anchorage off season and Elly was accommodating and out together a great MTB ride for me. She is knowledgeable about the history and wildlife in the area.... read more It was the highlight of my trip. I cannot recommend Alaska Trail Guides enough.
Had a great experience on the Chugach tour with Elly. She was a fantastic guide, would recommend to anyone visiting the area for the first time like myself. Fat tire... read more bikes are a ton of fun, more stable than normal mtn biking, and will still get your heart rate going. Views incredible and even got to see some moose! Coordinating the trip was very easy. Nothing but good things to say.
Ellie was our guide and she was absolutely exceptional!!! She helped us navigate and learn the E-bikes and took us on trails that catered to our skill level!! She also... read more took the time to help us get some amazing pictures!! We felt so comfortable and taken care of!! We loved her so much!! Cannot recommend a better guide!! She is so knowledgeable about Alaska and gave us so much helpful information for the rest of our stay! If you book this tour, ask for Ellie!!!
Our family had a great time on the bike tour. Elly was very accommodating for our group of differing experience levels. She was very patient with everyone, helped us have... read more a great time, and provided some great info and history on the area. We loved it and would highly recommend this tour.
Elly was an awesome guide. She took us along a beautiful trail and provided interesting information about the state and it’s economy & history at the same time. She was... read more very upbeat & approachable. She also spotted a mama and a baby moose - the baby only 10 feet off the trail - and kept us safe while we enjoyed an extra long stop to watch the moose eating (while mama watched from the bushes). Would definitely recommend. …
The views in Chugach State Park were amazing, but I enjoyed the deep reds and bright yellows of the changing tundra plants just as much. We biked to an alpine... read more lake with crystal clear water. Our guide, Caitlin, knew where to look for blueberries and we stopped to pick and eat blueberries along the way and again at the lake. Caitlin also had an eye to see wildlife that I would have missed. On the way down she spied a bull and cow moose grazing together in the valley below us. If we go back to Anchorage I would like to do this ride again.
Almost leisurely bike ride along the paved Coastal Trail. Several stops for our excellent guide, Caitlyn, to tell us some history and lore and fun facts. No wildlife... read more guarantee, but we saw a cow moose very up-close and personal. Solid, well maintained bikes and equipment. (Longer would have been better, but we got what we booked, so that is not a critique.)
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2021/2022: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour. For those who require the AKTG Shuttle, face masks are required to be worn at all times, by everyone when inside the vehicle.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please select that option during the booking process.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 7 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizers will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for the mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.