Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
The fun keeps rolling when the snow flies! “What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first-rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This all-inclusive tour is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
We would highly recommend this tour! Elly did a great job leading the pack, stopping to provide photo ops and sharing fun facts as we traveled the trails. Half of... read more our crew live in Anchorage and were able to check out new trails and a new activity. (We may have to purchase our own fat tire bikes now. ) Elly is very knowledgeable of the trails and bikes so a perfect experience for a novice to an expert. We can’t recommend this tour enough!
Great and knowledgeable guides. Very patient with newbies and challenged the fit. Thanks for a fun time. Recommend to all.
We have two teenagers one with Down syndrome. We were all able to enjoy this trail ride. The trail is paved (absolutely no traffic it’s paved through woods)... read more and flat and goes a long way (we did not get through half of it) You ride as far as you like and then head back. We saw a moose and a mooseling too. Guides handle all bikes and equipment so it was easy and very doable for any level of biker!! Huge thanks to Frankie and Elie for making this happen for our family!
Perfect way to begin my trip in Anchorage! I was so impressed by my guide’s knowledge...about everything. I learned about plants, wildlife, geological events — but also great tips and... read more recommendations for where to eat, hike, and watch the bore tide. We narrowly missed seeing a moose. When I come back with my family, this will be our first event.
Our guide Elly was great. She paced the trip just right. We enjoyed the scenery and seeing wild life on our tour. I recommend this tour.
Excellent bike tour along the coastal bike trail starting at Earthquake Park. Very scenic and an easy ride for all levels of riders. Guide was friendly and helpful.... read more A very pleasant outing.
Tour was bananas! Had a bunch of fun tearing through the Alaskan wilderness on mountain bikes. Best. Day. Ever.
Coastal cruise bike tour was a fun morning with Elly for our family of 4. She had lots of local wildlife knowledge (even though we didn’t see much on our... read more particular tour). She had us pause under the big plane landing, which was really cool!
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2020/2021: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour, lesson, or rental. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to the tour departure to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free. Per Mayor’s Executive Orders EO-13 mandate face covering or masks are required while outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.