100% Customer Satisfaction
Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
The fun keeps rolling when the snow flies! “What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first-rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
Turn it into a full day of fun:
Bikes and Beer are simply two of the most incredible things humankind has ever invented. The only thing that makes beer taste even better is enjoying a locally crafted brew after an epic ride! Alaska Trail Guides has teamed up with Big Swig Tours to bring you the one-and-only Winter Bike and Brew Alaska style. After a morning of great riding, you will have time for lunch downtown before meeting your Hopperator for an afternoon of craft beer tasting at three of Anchorages’ best local breweries.
In the afternoon, join your Hoperator as they escort you off the beaten path to some of the finest breweries in Anchorage. This experience is as much about the history of Alaskan beers, the masters who brew them, and the locals who drink them as it is about tasting the beers themselves.
Enjoy a minimum of 14 beer tastings from 3 different brewery stops, a selection of appetizers at Midnight Sun Brewing Co., roundtrip transportation, and 4 hours of stories you’ll be sure to recount to your friends back home.
We would highly recommend this tour! Elly did a great job leading the pack, stopping to provide photo ops and sharing fun facts as we traveled the trails. Half of... read more our crew live in Anchorage and were able to check out new trails and a new activity. (We may have to purchase our own fat tire bikes now. ) Elly is very knowledgeable of the trails and bikes so a perfect experience for a novice to an expert. We can’t recommend this tour enough!
What an amazing tour! Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a beautiful guided tour along Anchorages Coast. You get the history while also spotting Moose along the way.
We had a great time riding the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail. Our guide was Caitlin and she really made the bike ride fun! If we did this ride again we... read more would definitely ask for Caitlin. She is exceptional.
Great and knowledgeable guides. Very patient with newbies and challenged the fit. Thanks for a fun time. Recommend to all.
This was an excellent tour. the guides know the area and are happy to share their knowledge. It is an easy ride and very safe for even a novice rider.
The trail is very relaxed and easy to ride (pretty level with one steep hill on paved roads). Tour guide was great! We saw 6 moose (2 cows each with... read more a set of twins). Would definitely do this tour again.
Very enjoyable bike ride, despite the rain. Noah did a fine job guiding the two of us and also ordered up 8 Moose sightings! He provided... read more answers to all our questions and kept our safety and satisfaction as his top priorities. Trail is ~11 miles long and paved. No significant inclines. It travels in the forest, along the coast, and even near the airport runway. The driver (cannot recall the name) also did a nice job getting us to the trail head, set up and back to the meet location with no delay and minimal rain impact. Would definitely recommend this service
I highly recommend taking this tour. Ellie was a terrific guide and a very nice and genuine person. The tour was great fun, and relaxing biking through Kincaid Park... read more with the beautiful scenery and the weather was perfect. We made multiple stops throughout the course and Ellie told us stuff about the area. We also got to stop and see a mama moose with her two babies - such a beautiful sight. If you are worried the biking may be too strenuous - don't - it was mostly downhill or flat land. There is only one hill really and you can walk the bike up if you choose. I will definitely do this tour again if i find myself in Anchorage, AK again!!
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2021/2022: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour. For those who require the AKTG Shuttle, face masks are required to be worn at all times, by everyone when inside the vehicle.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please select that option during the booking process.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 7 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizers will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for the mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.