Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
The fun keeps rolling when the snow flies! “What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first-rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
Turn it into a full day of fun:
Bikes and Beer are simply two of the most incredible things humankind has ever invented. The only thing that makes beer taste even better is enjoying a locally crafted brew after an epic ride! Alaska Trail Guides has teamed up with Big Swig Tours to bring you the one-and-only Winter Bike and Brew Alaska style. After a morning of great riding, you will have time for lunch downtown before meeting your Hopperator for an afternoon of craft beer tasting at three of Anchorages’ best local breweries.
The bike tour of Earthquake Park in Anchorage, AK was so much fun! This was my first excursion during my Alaskan getaway trip. The tour guides, Elly and Stephanie, were... read more knowledgeable, experienced and highly accommodating. My group wanted to gather mud for facials since it’s reportedly very beneficial for your skin. Elly and Stephanie helped us safely venture out and gather the mud during low tide. So appreciative to have funny, upbeat and adventurous guides. Oh, did I mention the moose??! We saw several moose! This excursion is a MUST. Loved every minute.
The trail was paved and smooth. Great views of the city and bay. Good for all ages. Fun guides. Quality equipment. We all had a great time.
Perfect way to begin my trip in Anchorage! I was so impressed by my guide’s knowledge...about everything. I learned about plants, wildlife, geological events — but also great tips and... read more recommendations for where to eat, hike, and watch the bore tide. We narrowly missed seeing a moose. When I come back with my family, this will be our first event.
We enjoyed a wonderful tour with our college aged kids. The guides were knowledgeable and accommodating. They even modified the tour to meet our limited time. Highly recommend!
Excellent bike tour along the coastal bike trail starting at Earthquake Park. Very scenic and an easy ride for all levels of riders. Guide was friendly and helpful.... read more A very pleasant outing.
We had a great time riding the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail. Our guide was Caitlin and she really made the bike ride fun! If we did this ride again we... read more would definitely ask for Caitlin. She is exceptional.
We had a great ride with Caitlin. She was very informative and made the ride very enjoyable. It was a small group and fortunate to have perfect weather. Thanks Caitlin!!
We would highly recommend this tour! Elly did a great job leading the pack, stopping to provide photo ops and sharing fun facts as we traveled the trails. Half of... read more our crew live in Anchorage and were able to check out new trails and a new activity. (We may have to purchase our own fat tire bikes now. ) Elly is very knowledgeable of the trails and bikes so a perfect experience for a novice to an expert. We can’t recommend this tour enough!
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2020/2021: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour, lesson, or rental. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to the tour departure to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free. Per Mayor’s Executive Orders EO-13 mandate face covering or masks are required while outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.