Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
“What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This all-inclusive tour is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
This tour was excellent. I highly recommend it when in Anchorage. Elly and Frankie were great. They picked us up right next to the Anchorage visitors center and took us... read more to the park. It was a group of 6. My family of 4 and 2 other ladies. The bikes were very nice comfort bikes. The trail was beautiful. We saw 2 moose and 2 bears. Elly led the tour and the pace was casual. Most of the trip is downhill. We stopped several times to see things along the trail. Elly was knowledgeable and friendly.
My wife has not ridden a bike much in the past several years and had no problems.
Overall a great tour.
I cannot recommend Alaska Trail Guides highly enough. I took the Kenai Peninsula tour with Elly and was impressed and delighted throughout. The pre-ride coordination and communication were top notch... read more and the ride itself exceeded expectations. Elly shared tons of knowledge about the greater Anchorage area and provided great company for the ride down the Seward Highway. In fact, she told me about a trail that I hiked the following day for one of the most awe-inspiring experiences of my life. The ride on the Peninsula was breathtaking (in a good way!) for its views and the experience of riding the trail. I am so glad I found this service and truly appreciated the expertise of Elly to allow me a sample of Alaska on two wheels!
Frankie and Elly took me on a Kincaid Park adventure, where we did a little single track, got a little muddy and even saw a moose. Everything I wanted in... read more my first biking experience in Alaska. They are fun to be around and knowledgeable of bikes and the area. They will ride at your pace and just want you to have the best bike riding experience. My next trip to Alaska, I plan to book the glacier bike riding tour. I can’t wait.
So cool! We visited in August 2020 and this was our first activity since arriving in Anchorage. Elly was knowledgeable and made it super fun. We may or may not... read more have gotten stuck on some rocks but it was the hardest laugh I’ve had in awhile! We also got to see 2 moose and a coyote so we definitely felt like we had the full experience of wildlife and mountains!
We enjoyed a wonderful tour with our college aged kids. The guides were knowledgeable and accommodating. They even modified the tour to meet our limited time. Highly recommend!
Perfect way to begin my trip in Anchorage! I was so impressed by my guide’s knowledge...about everything. I learned about plants, wildlife, geological events — but also great tips and... read more recommendations for where to eat, hike, and watch the bore tide. We narrowly missed seeing a moose. When I come back with my family, this will be our first event.
I highly recommend taking this tour. Ellie was a terrific guide and a very nice and genuine person. The tour was great fun, and relaxing biking through Kincaid Park... read more with the beautiful scenery and the weather was perfect. We made multiple stops throughout the course and Ellie told us stuff about the area. We also got to stop and see a mama moose with her two babies - such a beautiful sight. If you are worried the biking may be too strenuous - don't - it was mostly downhill or flat land. There is only one hill really and you can walk the bike up if you choose. I will definitely do this tour again if i find myself in Anchorage, AK again!!
We Did the Coastal Cruise bike and my group was big mix of amateur and intermediate bikers and Ellie & Frankie were really great at making everyone comfortable. It was... read more a really fun and interesting ride. After we went to a local brewery where we were able to sample some local beers.
Went this morning with guide Elly who also happens to be an owner of this company. Had an outstanding time. She was well knowlegable about Anchorage history and Alaska... read more in general. We saw two eagles and three Moose, baby, mamma, and a male bull. It was awesome. Today's date is 9/21/2020. A bit chilly but it was do able. Due to Covid and the time of year, it was just me and she didnt cancel. She gave me the full tour experience. I highly recommend this tour for anyone.
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2020/2021: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour, lesson, or rental. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to the tour departure to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free. Per Mayor’s Executive Orders EO-13 mandate face covering or masks are required while outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.