Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
The fun keeps rolling when the snow flies! “What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first-rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This all-inclusive tour is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
Derrick was a knowledgeable guide who took great care of us. He and the van driver, Ellie, made sure that our bikes and helmets fit, had water bottles, and that... read more we knew how to change gears etc. before we took off. The trails were immaculate, safe, and easy to ride (only one somewhat challenging climb). Derrick made sure we were all good with the speed. There were 10 in our group from wide age range. When we saw a smallish black bear on the trail (doesn’t happen often they said), Derrick had us dismount, remain quiet, put the bike between us and the bear, and then he retrieved his bear spray and was ready to use it. He didn’t need to. The bear calmly meandered over the ridge. Besides that excitement, Derrick stopped frequently to explain about the history, geography, flora and fauna of the area. At the end, after about 9.5 miles, Ellie was there with the van, a snack, and more water. Great ride in a beautiful setting!
Our family had such a good ride with Elly @ Alaska Trail Guides. The ride itself was beautiful, the Chugach State Park is gorgeous. The bikes are so... read more fun to ride. We spotted a moose eating right beside the trail, it was very cool! Elly was an awesome guide, very knowledgeable about the area and patient when we fell just a little behind. She was also prepared with water and snacks. Great ride for families and we highly recommend it!
Our family had a great time on the bike tour. Elly was very accommodating for our group of differing experience levels. She was very patient with everyone, helped us have... read more a great time, and provided some great info and history on the area. We loved it and would highly recommend this tour.
This was a must do adventure for anyone visiting Anchorage....went for a Fall tour with girlfriends and we had a wonderful time. Our tour guide,Elly, was very knowledgeable about Anchorage... read more and the terrain. We did a nine mile tour, we are in our late 60s with limited experience biking. We had no problems at all -it was so much fun.
We would highly recommend this tour! Elly did a great job leading the pack, stopping to provide photo ops and sharing fun facts as we traveled the trails. Half of... read more our crew live in Anchorage and were able to check out new trails and a new activity. (We may have to purchase our own fat tire bikes now. ) Elly is very knowledgeable of the trails and bikes so a perfect experience for a novice to an expert. We can’t recommend this tour enough!
We Did the Coastal Cruise bike and my group was big mix of amateur and intermediate bikers and Ellie & Frankie were really great at making everyone comfortable. It was... read more a really fun and interesting ride. After we went to a local brewery where we were able to sample some local beers.
Great equipment, wonderful guide, beautiful weather! Elly was a fantastic guide and provided an electric bike for my wife and a regular fat tire for me.
The bike tour of Earthquake Park in Anchorage, AK was so much fun! This was my first excursion during my Alaskan getaway trip. The tour guides, Elly and Stephanie, were... read more knowledgeable, experienced and highly accommodating. My group wanted to gather mud for facials since it’s reportedly very beneficial for your skin. Elly and Stephanie helped us safely venture out and gather the mud during low tide. So appreciative to have funny, upbeat and adventurous guides. Oh, did I mention the moose??! We saw several moose! This excursion is a MUST. Loved every minute.
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2020/2021: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour, lesson, or rental. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to the tour departure to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free. Per Mayor’s Executive Orders EO-13 mandate face covering or masks are required while outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.