Do not hesitate to give us a call or text.
+1 (907) 317-5707
“What a blast! There’s no bad weather, only bad gear…Alaska Trail Guides had ALL the right stuff. Here’s to a first rate adventure business with awesome owners!” ~ Bev B. TripAdvisor
This all-inclusive tour is an excellent taste of what Anchorage is all about in the winter. Perfect for adventures, families, and those who want to get out and explore our winter wonderland. Fat tire biking will put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Experience the fat bike phenomenon where it was born. Fat tire biking has become one of the most popular ways for locals and visitors to get out and play in the snow. Anchorage boasts 150 miles of multi-use forested trails in the winter. This tour aims to show you the best of what Anchorage has to offer. There are plenty of stops, stories, and photo ops along the way.
Does your group have varying fitness levels? Upgrade to an electric-assist fat bike and go faster and farther with friends and family. Also, great for the other half who doesn’t own the padded biking shorts.
The key to fat bike comfort is warm head, feet, and hands—Alaska Trail Guides provides pogies, hand warmers, and insulated overboots for these contact points so you’ll be ready for miles of riding! Just come dressed in layers (non-cotton), like you are going out skiing. The length of the trip may vary based on conditions.
We Did the Coastal Cruise bike and my group was big mix of amateur and intermediate bikers and Ellie & Frankie were really great at making everyone comfortable. It was... read more a really fun and interesting ride. After we went to a local brewery where we were able to sample some local beers.
I went to Anchorage off season and Elly was accommodating and out together a great MTB ride for me. She is knowledgeable about the history and wildlife in the area.... read more It was the highlight of my trip. I cannot recommend Alaska Trail Guides enough.
Had a great time exploring the Chugach State Park on this bike ride. The pacing was perfect for my family, the scenery was beautiful, and having lunch at the top... read more of the Alyeska tram line was a great reward for our efforts. Elly and Frankie were very friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommended!
I highly recommend taking this tour. Ellie was a terrific guide and a very nice and genuine person. The tour was great fun, and relaxing biking through Kincaid Park... read more with the beautiful scenery and the weather was perfect. We made multiple stops throughout the course and Ellie told us stuff about the area. We also got to stop and see a mama moose with her two babies - such a beautiful sight. If you are worried the biking may be too strenuous - don't - it was mostly downhill or flat land. There is only one hill really and you can walk the bike up if you choose. I will definitely do this tour again if i find myself in Anchorage, AK again!!
Really excellent tour! Pretty easy bike ride on a fun route. Beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife. I highly recommend this trip, thought it was fantastic :-)
Went this morning with guide Elly who also happens to be an owner of this company. Had an outstanding time. She was well knowlegable about Anchorage history and Alaska... read more in general. We saw two eagles and three Moose, baby, mamma, and a male bull. It was awesome. Today's date is 9/21/2020. A bit chilly but it was do able. Due to Covid and the time of year, it was just me and she didnt cancel. She gave me the full tour experience. I highly recommend this tour for anyone.
This was an excellent tour. the guides know the area and are happy to share their knowledge. It is an easy ride and very safe for even a novice rider.
Tour was bananas! Had a bunch of fun tearing through the Alaskan wilderness on mountain bikes. Best. Day. Ever.
Perfect way to begin my trip in Anchorage! I was so impressed by my guide’s knowledge...about everything. I learned about plants, wildlife, geological events — but also great tips and... read more recommendations for where to eat, hike, and watch the bore tide. We narrowly missed seeing a moose. When I come back with my family, this will be our first event.
THINGS TO KNOW
1) Transportation Winter 2020/2021: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour.
2) Non-family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at viewpoints. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing.
3) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone is checked-in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
4) Signs of sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour, lesson, or rental. Contact us in advance of your activity to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to the tour departure to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
5) Face covering: Guides and clients will be required to wear face coverings at all times that social distancing isn’t feasible. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free. Per Mayor’s Executive Orders EO-13 mandate face covering or masks are required while outside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
6) Handwashing/sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
7) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touchpoints.