Southcentral Alaska is unique and dynamic, covering a large expanse. Everyday can be demanding and challenging, requiring our staff to maintain a positive attitude during hardship, adapt to changing situations, solve problems, and manage risk all while meeting the needs of our clients and providing excellent customer service.
Alaska Trail Guides is locally owned and operated, based in Anchorage. Nestled at the base of Chugach Mountains, wrapped by Cook Inlet, Anchorage is as unique and dynamic as the state in which it belongs. Anchorage is the gateway to Southcentral Alaska and the Interior, a playground so vast it stretches from the temperate rain forest of Kenai National Forest, to the majestic timelessness of Denali. Alaska Trail Guides provides the opportunity to explore these areas with a local, knowledgeable guide. Our passion is sharing our great state with our clients, technical know-how and natural history while remaining environmentally friendly.
AKTG is seeking applicants who:
- Are independent and reliable
- Have the flexibility to work a continually evolving schedule
- Are honest, have a sense of humor, and respect for others and the environment
- Have strong communication skills and work well as a team
- Posses the following: appropriate technical skills and trail knowledge to guide all areas that AKTG operates, Leave no Trace Ethics, risk management skills