THIS TOUR INCLUDES:
- 2 hours of fat tire biking (2 - 10 miles)
- 60 minute helicopter flight seeing tour
- Local, professional and caring guides
- Round trip transportation
- Bike, helmet, pogies, over boots, hand warmers
- Snacks and water
- Group size: maximum 5 people
- Cost is determined by number of people in the party:
- 1-2 people: $1,315 per person
- 3 people: $1,155 per person
- 4 people: $950 per person
- 5 people: $785 per person
- Available late December through February depending on conditions. The lake has to freeze before we are able to bike to the glacier.
- Up to 5.5 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate to Strenuous - Winter biking conditions can be strenuous depending upon snow conditions and weather.
- We require a minimum of 2 people to operate this trip.
** Note: Weather condition vary in the winter. Length of trip may vary based on conditions.
A true Alaskan winter experience! Fat tire biking is a phenomenon that has exploded in popularity over the past 5 years and for good reason. In the winter, 5 inch studded tires allow you to cycle in wilderness you never would have imagined. Frozen rivers and lakes become smooth, fast highways to pedal down in search of unbelievable destinations. Ours is Knik Glacier.
Knik Glacier winds down out of the Chugach Mountains and sits 5 miles wide at the face. Depart from Anchorage on a helicopter and head north. Enjoy a 30 minute flight over the mountains and valleys to the frozen lake at the face of Knik Glacier. Hop out of the helicopter and get ready to explore this winter wonderland by fat tire bike! Get up close to Knik Glacier, touch the ice, go inside a deep blue cavern and experience the beauty and wonder that our glaciers hold.
The helicopter will take your group back to Anchorage where your guide will drive you back to your hotel.