Updated June 9th – On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of Coronavirus, known as COVID-19, to be a global pandemic.
The health, safety, and well-being of our guests, staff, and the local community is our number one priority. We are monitoring the world health crisis and adhering to Municipality of Anchorage, State and Federal mandates as they are announced to help flatten the curve. At this time CDC recommends avoiding all nonessential travel.
Governor Dunleavy announced Health Mandate 10.1 which is effective 12:01am June 6, 2020. This mandate applies to all persons entering the state of Alaska. Travelers must self-quarantine for 14 days UNLESS they fall under one of the following four categories. This information can be found here.
At Alaska Trail Guides (AKTG) the safety of our staff, guides and community is our top priority. We provide the services and tours we do because we value health & wellness. We have developed and implemented a detailed operating plan due to Covid-19. This included updated cleaning protocols based on CDC guidelines, reduced capacities to ensure social distancing and updates to our tour offerings to ensure we operate during the least busy times. Click Here for full details.
QUICK THINGS TO KNOW
Alaska Trail Guides 2020 tour operations are modified to adhere to social distancing current mandates. Protocols and operations are regularly reassessed for the health and safety of our clients and staff. Updates are announced on this page. Alaska Trail Guides values everyone’s health and safety and are taking the following steps:
1) The number of tours offered per day has been reduced in order to operate at least busy times of the day.
2) Transportation: We ask that you meet your guide at the trailhead where they will have equipment sanitized and ready for your tour. If you don’t have transportation we will pick you up at the Log Cabin Visitor Center Shuttle Bus Stop. We have lowered our tour maximum from 10 to 6 people to limit seating capacity in the van: two passengers per seat with an empty seat in the middle. Face coverings must be worn while on tour, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
3) Non family groups on tours will be asked to stay 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing while biking and while at view points. Wearing face coverings is encouraged at all times. If you prefer a private tour please contact us for pricing. You can ask about tour capacity with the option to re-book without penalty.
4) Contact tracing: Upon arriving for your tour or lesson everyone in your group must sign in. We are keeping records for potential contact tracing.
5) Signs of Sickness: In the past 14 days, if you have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms please don’t show up for your tour or lesson. Contact us in advance of your activity for a credit, to reschedule or for a refund. Alaska Trail Guides will be calling all parties 24 hours prior to tour depart to complete a screening questionnaire over the phone.
6) Face covering: Drivers and passengers will be required to wear face coverings while in the van. Please bring a face covering that goes over your mouth and nose and that stays on keeping your hands free.
7) Hand wash/ sanitizer: Hand wash stations or hand sanitizer will be available at all times. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before handing your bike to the driver and entering the van. Guides will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after loading and unloading the vans and equipment.
8) Be prepared: Recreation is important for mind and body but we want you all to be safe and take care out there. Please bring ample water, food as we are not providing these this summer to reduce touch points.
Alaska Trail Guides is committed to upholding high standards. As we embark on our 4th season of guiding and exploring Alaska by bike, we want to let you know what we’re doing to maintain a healthy workplace and tour experience for our clients and team members alike.
Facilities – While our clients don’t visit our warehouse or office, we pride ourselves on maintaining a spotless facility. All surfaces, handles, tables, chairs, etc are thoroughly cleaned every morning and after prepping for every tour.
Equipment – All equipment is thoroughly inspected, washed, and disinfected after each use. From helmets to rain jackets, every touchpoint on a bike to every touchpoint in the vehicle. Every client is outfitted with clean, high-quality equipment for their bike tour.
Bike Tour – We have always been about small and personal group tours! Typically our group sizes range from 2 to 10 clients per tour. To adhere to social distancing this summer our tour capacity has been reduced to a maximum of 6. Some tours are only being offered privately, while ALL tours can be requested to be made private for an additional charge.