THIS Trip INCLUDES:
- 2 hours mountain biking
- Local, professional and caring guide
- Round trip transportation from downtown Anchorage
- Rocky Mountain Fat Bike, helmet, water
- Tasty, filling and healthy snacks on the trail
- Morning and Afternoon trips available
- Group size: minimum 2 people / maximum 8 people
- Cost: $125
- Up to 3.5 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
What is a fat bike and why should you experience it?
- A fat bike is a bike that has tires that are 3.8 inches or wider.
- To ride one for the first time is to rediscover biking! Let your inner child out and explore to your hearts content on these bouncy, confident, traction filled tires. These bikes are designed and meant to go anywhere, anytime.
In just 20 minutes you will be above Anchorage at the entrance to, Chugach State Park, our backyard. With 495,000 acres of forests, lakes, mountains and valleys all connected by trails, there is plenty to see. The Starting point of this bike ride is the Glen Alps Trailhead, about 2,000 feet above Anchorage. Before heading into the mountains take in the unobstructed views of the city, the Alaska Range including Denali, Aleutian Islands and Cook Inlet.
The bike path is a wide double track that is packed dirt and gravel. This out and back ride will take you along the Glen Alps Valley. With peaks above you, a creek below and wildlife waiting to be spotted!
Looking for a private experience for your group, tailored to your abilities? Contact us with what you are looking for.